Jokey has delivered high quality Injection moulded Plastic Packaging to our customers in the food and non-food sector for over 50 years now. We employ 2.500 people and operate in 13 countries. You’ve probably seen our products for sale, even if you’ve never heard of us. We do our bit to help your favorite brands and businesses to pack their goods in a sustainable way, more efficiently, safely, and with less environmental impact.
Through our business model of using only mono-plastics and with our ‘Sustainability Strategy 2030’ we strengthen and contribute to the sustainable and circular economy.
What does that mean for you? You’ll join an international organization big enough to take you anywhere, and small enough to get you there sooner. You’ll help to build up our 16th Manufacturing location in Corby, change how goods get to market and contribute to global sustainability. You’ll be empowered to bring your authentic self to work, and be surrounded by diverse and driven professionals.
We are looking for a Maintenance Engineer for our manufacturing site based in Corby
Jokey are now recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer to assist our team with the upkeep and day to day running of various machines and building services.
This job is for you if
· You are a strong team player who is confident and competent in the maintenance and upkeep of various machines and plant.
· You install temporary/new or upgraded equipment with pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical components onto operating and production systems, and have experience in building services engineering.
· You are willing to work on a rotational shift system, and would enjoy the opportunity to collaborate in the start of our 16th production plant.
· You can prepare and execute maintenance, servicing and conversion work in our production facilities.
· In the event of production plant downtime you can readjust machinery by using your knowledge on machine parameters and diagnostics.
· You are used to completing reports, and keeping maintenance schedules and technical documentation up to date.
· You are able to work with other departments and teams in production aligned to strategic objectives; capacity is proactively planned and managed.
· You practice lower level skills underpinning maintenance activities including welding, basic electrical tasks, cleaning, driving, & assisting with out of trade activity.
· You comply with all risk assessments and company Environment, Health & Safety Procedures relevant to all work activities.
How You’ll Make in Impact if you have
· Several years of proven experience in the production and industrial environment, specifically in the field of mechanical maintenance and installations.
· Good knowledge of drive, control, and regulation technology.
· Good diagnostic skills.
· Relevant Mechanical qualification and/or equivalent.
· The ability to work in a team, as well as independently, and be self-organized and solution-oriented in your way of working
Who you’ll be working with
You’ll work closely with other Mechanical Engineers and Electricians to ensure that plant and equipment is kept up and running with minimal down time, and maintenance schedules are upheld.
Monday-Friday on an alternating weekly (Monday to Friday 6am-2pm then Monday - Friday 2pm -10 pm).
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 70 nationalities. Jokey celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
What's on offer?
A highly competitive salary and package as well as the support required to help you succeed, being supported by an organisation committed to Continuous Improvement and investment. You will also get the personal development you need to start and progress with excellent career prospects available.
Are you the one we're looking for?