Plastic Injection Mold Setter
Jokey has delivered high quality Injection moulded Plastic Packaging to our customers in the food and non-food sector for over 50 years now. We employ 2.500 people and operate in 13 countries. You’ve probably seen our products for sale, even if you’ve never heard of us. We do our bit to help your favourite brands and businesses to pack their goods in a sustainable way, more efficiently, safely, and with less environmental impact.
Through our business model of using only mono-plastics and with our ‘Sustainability Strategy 2030’ we strengthen and contribute to the sustainable and circular economy.
What does that mean for you? You’ll join an international organization big enough to take you anywhere, and small enough to get you there sooner. You’ll help to build up our 16th Manufacturing location in Corby, change how goods get to market and contribute to global sustainability. You’ll be empowered to bring your authentic self to work, and be surrounded by diverse and driven professionals.
We are looking for Plastic Injection Mold Setter for our manufacturing site based in Corby
We are looking for an experienced Plastic Injection Mold Setter with proven experience in safely completing mold set-ups, and processing to produce quality products. This person will work in a high volume, fast paced environment that will start with 20injection molding machines ranging from 150 to 450 tons.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
On the job training will be provided for the following:
· Ensure injection molding machines, auxiliary equipment and associated automated systems are set to regulation parameters, are producing product that meets quality standards, and all production goals.
· Set up and start up molding machines. Check product with calipers, optical tools, and other testing methods and devices.
· Monitor and troubleshoot processing problems, perform preventative maintenance tasks, and document process changes.
· Understand the importance of reducing material scrap to protect our environment, and reduce costs.
· Provide feedback on mold design and assist Tool and Die Makers to ‘dial in’ each mold for optimal cycle time and quality.
· You are willing to work on a rotational shift system, and would enjoy the opportunity to collaborate in the start of our 16th production plant
· Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve issues with equipment, materials, devices, or products, and prevent repeat quality issues.
Comply with all risk assessments and company Environment, Health & Safety Procedures, relevant to all work activities.
How You’ll Make in Impact if you have:
· Three to five years of plastic injection mold processing experience from mold setting through successful processing.
· Knowledge of molding machines, overhead cranes, injection tools and parts.
· Hands on experience with high volume injection molding.
· Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
· Troubleshooting ability, and motivation to analyze and solve problems.
· Ability to work in a team as well as very independently, self-organized and solution-oriented in your way of working.
Climate controlled but temperatures may vary at times from hot and cold. At times, non- toxic fumes. Daily work environment includes permanent machine sounds.
You’ll work closely with other Mechanical Engineers and Electricians to ensure that plant and equipment is kept up and running with minimal down time.
Monday-Friday on an alternating weekly (Monday to Friday 6am-2pm then Monday - Friday 2pm -10 pm).
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 70 nationalities. Jokey celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
What's on offer?
A highly competitive salary and package as well as the support required to help you succeed, being supported by an organisation committed to Continuous Improvement and investment. You will also get the personal development you need to start and progress with excellent career prospects available.
Are you the one we're looking for?