Jokey has delivered high quality Injection moulded Plastic Packaging to our customers in the food and non-food sector for over 50 years now. We employ 2.500 people and operate in 13 countries. You’ve probably seen our products for sale, even if you’ve never heard of us. We do our bit to help your favourite brands and businesses to pack their goods in a sustainable way, more efficiently, safely, and with less environmental impact.
Through our business model of using only mono-plastics, and with our ‘Sustainability Strategy 2030’ we strengthen and contribute to the sustainable and circular economy.
What does that mean for you? You’ll join an international organization big enough to take you anywhere, and small enough to get you there sooner. You’ll help to build up our 16th Manufacturing location in Corby, change how goods get to market and contribute to global sustainability. You’ll be empowered to bring your authentic self to work, and be surrounded by diverse and driven professionals.
We are looking for a Site Electrician / Electrical Technician for our manufacturing site based in Corby.
Jokey are now recruiting for a Site Electrician to assist our team with the upkeep and day to day running of various machines and building services.
This job is for you if
· You are a strong team player who is confident and competent in the maintenance and upkeep of various electro-hydraulic systems
· You are able to install temporary, new or upgraded equipment onto assets when required to high standard, as per compliant regulations
· You are willing to work on a rotational 2-shift system, and would enjoy the opportunity to collaborate in the start of our 16th production plant
· You can work independently in assembling and commissioning of electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical components in operating and production systems, and in building services engineering
· You can prepare and execute maintenance schedules, servicing and conversion work in our production facilities
· You can troubleshoot of our complex production plant
· You can completing reports and keeping maintenance schedules and technical documentation up to date
· You can work with other departments and teams in production to ensure Operations are aligned to strategic objectives, and that capacity is proactively planned and managed
· You can assist in resolving routine manufacturing related problems affecting daily operations
· You can plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
· You are commited to plant safety procedures
You'll make an impact if you have
· Several years of proven experience in the production and industrial environment, especially in the field of electrical installation.
· Good knowledge of drive, control, and regulation technology.
· Good understanding of interdepartmental interrelationships.
· Skills to plan your own work steps, in cooperation with other team members.
· Ability to work in a team as well as very independent, self-organized and solution-oriented way of work organization.
Who you’ll be working with
You’ll work closely with Mechanical Engineers and Technical Engineers to ensure that plant and equipment is kept up and running with minimal down time, and maintenance schedules are upheld.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 70 nationalities. Jokey celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
What's on offer?
A highly competitive salary and package as well as the support required to help you succeed, being supported by an organisation committed to Continuous Improvement and investment. You will also get the personal development you need to start and progress with excellent career prospects available.
Are you the one we're looking for?